EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program

EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program
By Joao Morais Almeida

So, you are an Investor that lives outside the USA and you think: is it possible to get some type of Investor Visa that will me get me legally to live in South Florida?

The answer is… YES!!!!

And may I bring with me my spouse and my unmarried children under 21 years of age?

The answer is again …YES!!!

It is called the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program (run by USCIS – United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) and you can find it here: https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/permanent-workers/eb-5-immigrant-investor-program

In brief, you will need to invest $1.800.000,00 (one million eight hundred thousand dollars)

Or, that amount could be cut in half, for $900.000,00 (nine hundred thousand dollars) if your investment is applied in some geographical areas designated by Targeted Employment Area (TEA).

AND there is another requirement:

You have to preserve or create a minimum of 10 permanent full-time jobs for qualified U.S. workers.

USCIS administers the EB-5 Program. Under this program, investors (and their spouses and unmarried children under 21) are eligible to apply for a Green Card (permanent residence) if they:

  • Make the necessary investment in a commercial enterprise in the United States; and
  • Plan to create or preserve 10 permanent full-time jobs for qualified U.S. workers.”

Source: the above link

Well, if you are thinking about this, I give you an advice: Get an immigration lawyer! If you have the money for this option, it is totally recommended that you hire a lawyer to guide you through the process.

You can look up for a lawyer in the Internet.

Or I can give you a place to look for an immigration lawyer: https://lrs.floridabar.org/practice-areas/immigration

Next article we will talk about TEA – Targeted Employment Areas in Florida, areas where the amount of investment needed is reduced in 50%.

Welcome to South Florida!

TEA – Targeted Employment Areas in Florida

Disclaimer: Nothing that we wrote constitutes a Legal Advice. We do NOT provide Legal Advice. For Legal Advice in Florida consult www.floridabar.org , the website of Florida Bar Association. Or you can find a lawyer here: https://www.floridabar.org/directories/find-mbr/

Joao de Morais e Almeida

Photo: Wesley Tingey https://www.wesleytingey.com/
Taken from https://unsplash.com/photos/FZxspsCZLcc

Joao de Morais e Almeida